After using Google Buzz for a month I have started to find my grove and how that fits with my social networking self. If you are using Google Buzz, be sure to follow me I’ll follow back. Here are some recent buzz posts from a variety of topics.
All About Buzz
- With any new service there is always a land rush for the best vanity url, profile name, and followers?
- The short for Google Mail is GMail. The abbreviation for Google Voice is GVoice. Will Google Buzz be shorten down to GBuzz? What about Guzz?
- That is the plural of buzz? Buzzes?
- I expected Microsoft to blatantly copy Twitter, Facebook, and Foursquare before Google.
- Google Buzz is a new opportunity for the race to reach 1,000,000 followers. I hope @aplusk hasn’t heard of Google Buzz yet as it would give me a head start.
- What I like about Buzz is that it has not been taken over by marketing and SEO bot accounts, just like the early days of Twitter.
- What is the verb of using Google Buzz? Buzzing? Like, “I can’t talk cause I am buzzing right now.”
- Having a buzz attack.
- I’m going to buzz my facebook to tweet my tumblr post on myspace and blog about it.
- Remember when following someone meant stalking… Now it means, friending.
- I don’t know how to find the Google Buzz posts that I liked. Anybody know where to find liked posts?
- I think that Google and Facebook are in a battle for your friends. But it feels more like a Belfast brawl cage fight… Google and Apple are battling it out in in the mobile space with tit for tat guerrilla warfare… i.e. you can use the word ‘Android’ to describe you app on the Apple App Store. Now Google will suck a lot of the hot air valuation from Facebook. I think Jason Calacanis stated that Facebook lost half it’s value because of Google Buzz… and Microsoft is trying to pick a fight with Google in the search space with Bing but it is not getting much traction.
- When commenting in the middle of the Buzz stream, people notice the comment box flicker and jump around as other posts around the one you are commenting are updated with new comments. If you don’t like the flickering, I get’s me dizzy after a while, click on the post’s time stamp in the upper right corner. The link is to the page for this one post and it does have the jumpy flickering visible when commenting in the middle of your stream.
- I am not sure how Google will combat the additional spam I expect because of Google Buzz and Google Profiles. But I imagine, spammers and marketers are already hard at work developing spam bots that will follow everyone possible and then it is very easy to figure out peoples email address by adding at gmail.com at the end of you profile user name which is public, visible, and searchable.
- When Twitter first came out Leo Laporte and Kevin Rose had the most followers for the longest time because the early adopters where mostly technologists. But once celebrities and mass media discovered Twitter, and after the stop laughing at the concept, they quickly gained the most followers and brought on new users. Leo Laporte currently has over 6K++ followers. Just wait until Britney Spears gets her buzz on.
- Ansel Adams would not have had used Flickr, Shakespeare would not had has used Twitter, Ghandi would not have had used Facebook, and Columbus would not have had used Foursquare.. But I am sure they would all have had used Google Buzz.
- How does one get verified on Google Buzz/Profile? I certify myself. Does my mom need to call Google to verify my identity? What else will Google verify? What I really need is an alibi and some receipts from a convenience store in Albuquerque, New Mexico for last night.
- There is a lot of negative reaction regarding the privacy failures with Google Buzz. I think that the problem with Google Buzz is not that it is integrated in GMail. The problem is the defaults of Google Buzz, including auto-follow, and public profiles, and the inability to use a public profile name other than your private GMail user name, the blocking functionality does not seem to work, etc. Google pulled a Facebook move in terms of privacy… Their motto of ‘do no evil’ did not stop them from doing something so stupid.
- There are a few things I like Buzz over Twitter. The ability to edit buzzes after they have been posted and commented on, and the ability to post more than 140 characters at a time. What I don’t like is that, unlike Facebook, is that you can’t delete comments left on you posts from trolls or stalkers or folks buzzing on their own supply. Even after you block spammers their comments are still visible in your posts.
- Posting on Google Buzz feels like posting a medium size blog entry. First we had blogs where we can post long form articles, then came microblogs like twitter, and now we are moving back up with medium size blogs like Buzz and Posterous were we can easily post a paragraph or two.
- For those that have not attained enlightenment it is some special to attain, for those that have achieve enlightenment it is not worth mentioning.
- I feature I hate in my iPhone 3GS is that when listening to music, if you shake or jolt the phone it shuffles to some random song. I feel like shaking a bitch when that happens!
- I think one problem with anything that Microsoft does is that everything they develop looks like Windows, which is based on Windows 3.1. Windows CE, Windows Tablet, Windows Mobile, it all looks like Windows. I mean, they ported Microsoft Office to their mobile platforms to look like it does on the desktop.
- Is Comcast trying to re-brand themselves as XFINITY? Don’t they know that a rose with any other name smells as sweet, and that bad customer service with any other name sucks the same, if not worse because now they confused you as to who you are calling to complain about your cable being out?
- Tiger Woods saying “Elin never hit me that night or any other night” is as truthful as Bill Clinton saying “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.”
- What is the must have Apple software? Apple Aperture, Microsoft Office for Mac, iWork, iLife, VMWare Fusion 3, MacSpeech Dictate, Pixelmator, Comic Life, Mobile Me, other? What other Mac software should I have?