Banks give individuals home loans they can’t afford, the housing bubble spreads across the country, banks pools poor performing home loans into collateralize debt obligations to rate them as sound investments, local governments invest hundreds of millions into these collateralize debt obligations, the economy begins to slows down, hundreds of thousands are left unemployed, families can’t afford their mortgage, the housing bubble pops, banks repose homes, families are ruined, local governments lose millions from their pensions, some local governments go into bankruptcy, banks buy up homes for less than they worth, homeowners own mortgages for more than their homes are worth, banks begging renting homes back to families that lost their homes in foreclosures, banks push local governments to lower properties taxes since they now own a large number of homes, local communities lose out on income, funding to schools is cut, …
When Michael Faraday was asked by the British Chancellor of the Exchequer what good would come out of his research in electromagnetism he replied, “One day sir, you may tax it.” Looking at my recent electricity bill, I can attest that Michael Faraday was right.
A similar asked of Michael Faraday can be asked of Bitcoin, the peer-to-peer virtual currency. Bitcoin and similar virtual currencies, even thought they are decentralized, will not only innovate payment services but tax collection.
It’s been reported that Facebook founder owes the IRS a cool $1 billion. Which goes to show you that if Dr. Evil wanted the everyone to pay him $1 billion dollars he should have gotten a job with the government and simply tax the people.
So what can Dr. Evil, I mean the government, do with $1 billion nowadays? The Afghan war is costing the American tax payers $300 million a day, so Mark Zuckerberg can foot the fill for a little over three days himself.
To deploy a single soldier in Afghanistan, it is reported as costing somewhere between $850,000 to $1,200,000 a year. Mark Zuckerberg’s tax bill can support about 1,000 soldiers in the field for a whole year.
This is how original Disney is… they steal classic fairy tales like Cinderella and Snow White, the appropriate historical figures like Mulan and Pocahontas. Now, Disney is following up on the Cars franchise with Planes. Disney’s Planes is based on the same antropromorphic world of talking vehicles with names like Dusty and Rusty and and Musty and Busty and Lusty. The originality for the concept behind Planes shows that Disney has replaced its creativity with a cash register. Since I have reversed engineered Disney’s creative process, I can predict up coming Disney movies… Later this year look for Trains. Early next next, Disney will release Boats, followed on by Drones.
We are lying to ourselves when we say that we live in a free democracy. It is estimated that candidates raised in excess of $1.6 billion in the presidential election in 2008. For the 2012 elections, political pundits estimate that candidates will raise as much as $2 billion. In 2008, Obama spent $10.94/vote and McCain spent $5.78. When candidates raise and spend this much money, no ones vote is free. It is the case that usually the candidates that raises the most money wins the most votes. In 2008, then Senator Obama raised a little over two times that raised by Senator McCain. As of March, President Obama had raised more than twice that of Governor Romney.
In the end, elections are run by the bottom line and the money raised. The more money a candidate has in his war chest the more they can spend in marketing. Even though every voter has a vote, the more an election costs the more every voter is disenfranchised from the political system. When a large portion of a campaign is spent attracting large donors in %50k/plate dinners the typical voter is going to get left out of the political system.
Here I am reblogging some retweets for the past month that broken down by subject matter. Some of these tweets also cover events that occurred in December 2010. If you like to follow along, befriend xwoop and lolprez and I’ll be sure to follow back.
- Bailouts, tax cuts, and deficits.
- You don’t need a wikileak to know that the coordinated attack on wikileaks is by a covert government agency.
- Do you think there is an office pool in some CIA break room to see when Julian Assagne will be neutralized?
- The US has a policy to not negotiate with terrorists, but it is also known to fund and train them.
- Since US forces can’t find Osama in Afghanistan, the TSA is searching in American travelers’ underpants.
- We are enslaved in the name of freedom.
- It’s not a free country, it’s a credit country.
- Lady Liberty is a crack whore for oil.
- I don’t want something that needs to be approved by a regulatory body in my body.
- Constitutional monarchies are largely ceremonial, so is the constitution.
- Some people in the current administration want to replace freedom with feardom.
- for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they’ll never take… OUR FEARDOM!
- Don’t Ask, Don’t Read The Repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Act of 2010.
- Whenever someone says that they are backed by “irrefutable facts” they are making it up.
- Whenever someone says that they have the smoking gun, ask for the smoking gunman.
- There is a three party system in American, the Republicans, the Democrats, and Annonymous.
- No one respects your political views, not even those you vote for.
- One dollar, one vote.
- We the sheeple.
- Once elected, they ain’t effective.
- Hope don’t float.
- If they outright lie while campaigning what don’t you think they lie about once elected?
- Designed by Apple in California. Manufactured by Foxxcon in China.
- More money more bills.
- Some kids play baseball, other kids make the baseballs for $2/day.
- Saying a corporation is too big to fail is like saying you are too big to eat.
- The capitalism trumps innovation.
- Martin Luther King JR’s estate charges academic authors $50 for each sentence of the “I Have a Dream” speech that they reprint.
- “Sensory trademarks” include a duck quacking (AFLAC), a lion roaring (MGM), yodelling (Yahoo!), giggling (Pillsbury).
- 91 pending trademarks bear Donald Trump’s name, including “Donald J. Trump the Fragrance” and “Trump’s Golden Lager.”
- Micro lenders only leads to micro loan sharks.
- NPR: National Propaganda Radio @NPR
- Nationalism needs an enemy.
- If you are listening to this you are the resistance.
- Noticed that http://OFA.BO/ resolves to @BarackObama’s campaign website. BO is the TLD for Bolivia. What happened, Barack.ly wasn’t free?
- Are news networks embedded in the military or the military embedded in the news network?
- Censorship is only bad when it’s done by another country, it’s good for the homeland when it’s done by your country.
- Suspicious Activities Report is the new world order witch hunt.
- There is a lot of chedder in the intel for terror arrests in xmas by interstate corporate sponsored eggtremists.
- Notice how ‘terror arrests’ sounds a lot like ‘terrorists.’
- What ever happened to all that talk about Global Warming? It’s so cold that all of NY and parts of hell have frozen over.
- There are conspiracy theorists, and there are conspiracy engineers.
- Is the Internet half empty or half full?
- Inception is a movie about implanting an idea someone’s mind through their dreams, what idea was implanted while watching the movie?
- Is good the enemy of great?
- If the Swiss army knife has all those blades, how does the Swiss army thank look like?
- Whatever happened to Brownie the brown nose reindeer?
- Which is better, a Star Wars or Lord of the Ring movie marathon?
- What is your soundtrack to 2010?
- When everyone thinks differently at the same time, is it really that different?
- If you could invent a new holiday what would it be?
- Which is worst a flake or a fake?
- Why so serious?
- What is your favorite Christmas movie?
- Can you fake authenticity?
- Is it racist to have a white sale on black Friday?
- The world is the world’s greatest theme park, go out for a ride.
- It’s been raining for a week now that everything is soaking wet. I think I need to go to work in a wet suit.
- There is a reason why the term committed is both used to describe a long term relationship and your state in a insane asylum.
- People will always have an opinion even when they don’t have a thought.
- Life is not like a box of chocolate, it’s more like a can of worms.
- Natural endorphin is a natural gateway drug.
- My experience and background is broad and multi-trans-dimensional.
- I’m the CEO of my blog.
- People make me laugh. people + lol = peoplol.
- Shift happens.
- I have a mind altering migraine in the membrane.
- Embarrass always ends with an ASS.
- Let a thousand tweets retweet.
- They see me tweetin, they hatin.
- The future was here.
- Three Little Words: I don’t care!
- Let my people dance!
- Novelty is not long lasting.
- Having an out of body OMG moment.
- I CAN HAZ ZZZZZzzzzz….
- Space is so random.
- I love how my hair is styled when I wake up.
- Sex is the new love.
- Love is not the cure, it is the disease.
- There is no ease in dying from a disease.
- Effort > Excuses
- Happily ever now!
- Happily ever after is a lie.
- Love is straight.
- OH: A little hazard pay never hurt anybody.
- OH: my fingers are getting in the way of my typing.
- OH: That’s a hype thing to do.
- OH: xmas wrapping paper is so expensive, that is your xmas present.
- OH: You are so messy you are a mess.
- OH: All I did was open it and it turned on by itself.
- Million Dollar Idea: Fortune cookies with ads and coupons instead of pseudo eastern philosophy.
- Million Dollar Idea: ads on the side of metal detectors, such as stores, airports, etc.
- Million dollar idea: caffeinated stem cells’ juice.
- Million dollar idea of the day: BBQ tofu!
- Million Dollar Idea: Bacon Juice
- I can’t wait until e-ink can be used in clothes. Can you imagine your t-shirt design changing based on emotional state?
- I’mma paint the curve in front my house red. I don’t know why my neighbors always parking their jalopy in front my house.
In Da Future
- In the future, cartoons will deemed pornographic because cartoon character don’t have pants and are often naked.
- In the future, the FBI will tap your Facebook wall, Foursquare check-ins, Twitter status updates, and Yelp reviews without a search warrant.
- In the future, a realist will be called a cynic.
- In the future, all electronic devices will have a secret root user and root kit pre-installed.