There are laws against hate speech, there are laws against hate, but can a piece of legislature be considered hateful. I think Arizona Senate Bill 1070 is a hate law, not a law against hate but a law that promotes racial profiling, racism, and discrimination. I consider Arizona Senate Bill 1070 as xenophobic hate speech.
Here are recent tweets addressed to Arizona Governor Jan Brewer in response of Senate Bill 1070.
- @GovBrewer SB 1070 is a law against humanity.
- @GovBrewer how would you have greeted the Mayflower immigrants, a group of disease ridden English Separatists? With State Troopers?
- @GovBrewer Jews, illegal immigrants, they all make good fodder for escape goats.
- @GovBrewer Think of signing these laws next: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Laws
- @GovBrewer SB 1070 is not a catchy name, how about Neo Nuremberg Laws or Nurembrewer Laws?
- @GovBrewer after signing SB 1070, you enact a law similar to the 1933 German Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service.
- @GovBrewer after signing SB 1070, I think next you enact a law to force Freed Negroes to register to stop black on black crime.
- @GovBrewer after signing SB 1070 which gives authorities right to check citizenship, why not form your own country altogether.
There are some crimes so heinous, barbaric, and brutal that they are considered Crimes Against Humanity. One definition of crimes against humanity is the following.
Odious offences in that they constitute a serious attack on human dignity or grave humiliation or a degradation of one or more human beings. They are not isolated or sporadic events, but are part either of a government policy or of a wide practice of atrocities tolerated or condoned by a government or a de facto authority.
A crime is a breach or break of a rule or law but what is lawful is not necessary what is considered morally acceptable. Some laws, can themselves, be considered crimes against humanity and had lead to some of the worst atrocities ever committed. Arizona Senate Bill 1070, signed into Law by Governor Brewer, is such a law that it can be viewed systematic, institutionalize, and codified “attack on human dignity or grave humiliation or a degradation of one or more human beings.” SB 1070 is biased, it is not meant to be enforced equally, it is targeted on a particular ethnic group, it is blatantly xenophobic, it is reminiscent of Jim Crow Laws.
The the pages of history, there have been a few instances of Laws Against Humanity. Such laws that have degragated the human condition include Nuremberg Laws, Anti-Miscegenation Laws, Jim Crow Laws, Chinese Exclusion Act.