What “sugar free” really means… there is no real sugar, from real sugar canes, but there are other artificially bio-engineered sweeteners which have been developed under a lab environment and patented by large corporations that have no conclusive long term scientific data this such artificial sweeteners will not pose a long term and negative health risk on individuals that consume sugar free sweeteners.
Do not be fooled, there is no such thing as an Arab Spring. The popular uprising that sprang across the Arab world was not an organic movement, it was a covert operation intelligence-lead movement. There was a time that the US government backed military juntas, coup detats, even political assassinations by arming, bribing, and influencing key generals and would be dictators by any means necessary. Since 9/11 there has been a three prong approach to the Middle East. The first prong has been direct military intervention in Iraq and Afghanistan. The second has been a covert movement to stir the populace to overthrown their governments, such as was the case in Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen, and soon well see in Syria, and Iran. The last approach has been the 1984-style fear mongering and network news propaganda by the government. Whether you like it or not, this is World War III: The Arab Spring.
As far as most Americans understand, the United States is only involved in two distinct and indirect war theaters, Iraq and Afghanistan. But reality is that there is that the United States is involved in a World Wide War with overt and covert operations in counties such as Syria, Libya, Somalia, Pakistan, Iran,just to name the obvious ones. The United States has been involved in air strikes, drone attacks, extraction missions, commando raids, etc. in pretty much the whole region for the past ten years. This is, by far, our longest war in history. My biggest fear is that when we finish water boarding and droning tribal leaders in other countries where a man’s wealth is measured in goats these same tools and tactics will be used on student leaders here at home were we have no goats and wealth.
The sun never sets on American military institutions, forward operating bases, and rotational deployment centers.
Here I am reblogging some retweets for the past month that broken down by subject matter. Some of these tweets also cover events that occurred in December 2010. If you like to follow along, befriend xwoop and lolprez and I’ll be sure to follow back.
- President Barrack Obama to crown himself Sultan Hussein Obama.
- Would Sultan Hussein Obama intervene in Bahrain, Syria, Yemen, Ivory Coast, Britain?
- Show me the money, the real unemployment figures, the federal reserves back office deals, and your birth certificate.
- President Obama sought approval for war and aggression towered Libya in the UN instead of from congress.
- Obama doesn’t need congress to declare war if he gets his marching orders from a UN resolution.
- President Obama is a token president.
- Do as you are told – President Obama
- ‘We the people’ has been rewritten to ‘we the lobbyists.’
- The default policy for government should be freedom not feardom.
- The president is not above the law of the land.
- United Slaves of America.
- If the press cows to government censorship requests, is there really freedom of press?
- 50% of all Al Queda members are CIA.
- There is a secret government black op agency known as CIAQ, Central Intelligence Al-Queda.
- If the government shuts down, I will proclaim myself emperor of these United States, except for Idaho.
- IRS agents don’t carry calculators, they carry guns.
- Half of congress are trolls the other half are tools.
- If Hollywood ran the government, Charlie Sheen would be president, Mel Gibson Vice President, and Lady Gaga would the the Secretary of State, and American Idol judges would run the Supreme Court.
- Donald Trump should make The Apprentice: Congress Edition
- This is not a Twitter revolution or Facebook uprising. Was the American Revolution known as a pamphlet uprising?
- Snooki for Secretary of State.
- If Apple’s legal team wrote the constitution Jobs would tax you 30% for exercising your rights 2 life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
- AT&T gives the NSA better service than its customers.
- AT&T to merge with the NSA, to be called NSAT&T.
- Mossad and Hamas should kiss and make up.
- If you wand great Paris souvenirs then go to China.
- Half of the British royal family’s income comes from the revenue and television rights of royal weddings.
- Worst than going to war is going to war with no clear objectives, targets, and command.
- A tomahawk cruise missile fired hundreds of miles away is an act of war just as much as deploying soldiers.
- Nothing beats the smell of tomahawk cruise missiles in the air in the morning.
- Let’s us remember that the colonialism that the new world endured for 500 years was a coalition of the willing.
- The default setting in US drone’s target system is to seek and destroy any tribal meeting or wedding party.
- The best defense is a good surface to air defense.
- We are in an information war and the front line is social media, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, YouTube…
- Let freedom ring with the ricochet of a bullet.
- Who needs the gestapo when you have Facebook and sockpuppets as friends.
- There is no better marketing event than a natural disaster or national tragedy.
- If you condense a cable news network’s broadcast for a 24 hour period for original content you would only get 10 minutes.
- What need is there for @CNN and other cable news outlet if they show the same few clips from YouTube for 36 hours straight.
- NY Times or CIA Times?
- No wonder America has an obesity problem, depending on the time and channel up at 1/4 of commercials are about food, delicious yummy food…
- If you were a piece of wood what type of wood would you be?
- How many presidents can you pick up from a police lineup?
- Does the FBI have a backdoor in Foursquare and other location base applications?
- Does Black Water have an air force?
- Why isn’t Mother Nature on anybodies terror watchlist?
- How do you protest a ban on protests?
- What wealthy CEO or Hollywood actor will run for CA governor next?
- What is more important to you, your reputation or character?
- If you were a color in the rainbow what shade would you be?
- How many items do you have in your wishlist?
- If it’s a party in your mouth, where does the after party move to?
- How happy is a clam?
- The intelligentsia is stupid.
- Ideas don’t have an ideology.
- If you are still in bed, you are only #winning if there are two other people there with you!
- New survey says that most Americans don’t trust surveys.
- crouching #tigerblood and hidden #dragonfire.
- There is no such thing as white collar on white collar crime.
- The audacity of dope
- Just because I have a big heart doesn’t mean I have a small brain.
- There is gold diggers and then there is nickel diggers.
- I want a unicorn pi~nata!
- If Michelangelo was alive today, his masterpiece David would be posed as if infront of a mirror taking a picture of himself with an iPhone.
- I’m a time machine that only goes forward in time at the constant speed of one minute per minute.
- It’s siesta time somewhere in the world.
- Me so hungry.
- This came to me in a dream: DTF FTW
- I wish I could read in the dark.
- The end is eh.
- I think I wanna start a punk rock band, the Naked Body Scanners.
In The Future
- In the future, the past will become unpredictable.
- Living in the future is so retro.
- In the near future smart phones will be free. Phone makers will make their money on app and media sales.
- In the future, political polls will override, over rule, and out weight the constitution.
- In the future, autotune will win every category in the Grammy’s.
- In the future everyone will be a social media expert.
- OH: She took a shower so that she could take a bath.
- OH: It’s like kissing a cookie.
- OH: unicorns ain’t gangsta!
- OH: Your Indian name is Chief Cuts The Cheese.
- OH: I like my women like I like my burrito, wet and spicy.
- OH: I ordered a Hawaiian pizza with extra Hawaiian.
- McDonald’s should just come out and make the McCardboard.
- For St. Patrick’s, McDs has a Shamrock Shake. For Cinco de Mayo they should have a Tequila Shake.
- Does anyone actually like the Shamrock Shake at McDs?
- @mcdonalds if I am forced to ask for ketchup and asked to explicitly say how many I need what other cost cutting measures are you doing?
- Hey @mcdonalds, since when is it policy to not give customers what they want? Why was I denied a caramel and strawberry sundea?
- The Girl Scouts cookies are sold by unpaid child labor and I am not entirely sure it is dolphin safe.
- There is nothing “sugar and spice” about the Girl Scouts cookie distribution empire.
- Girl Scouts have this cookie business locked, it’s like a cookie cartel!
The Atlantic has a great post on a 26-page pamphlet that they have deemed an Activists’ Action Plan for the political protests in Egypt. The pamphlet has tips and advice for protesters demanding reform in their country. The pamphlet includes diagrams and tactics for dealing with the riot police and security forces.
One page includes advice on necessary clothing and accessories, such as a leather jacket or sweatshirt with a hood, garbage can lid or pot lid to use a shield, protected glasses, scarf to cover mouth, spray paint, gloves, and comfortable shoes.
Another page describes how to deal with riot police vehicles, such as those with water cannons use to disperse crowds. One tip is to use spray paint to paint over the windshields of police vehicles and surveillance cameras.
The Atlantic did not post the whole pamphlet, just a few translated page.
As a people, we are becoming more reliant and dependent on technology, such as smart phones, laptops, web services, printers, etc. But this technology that we depend on can be used to turn against us. Government agencies and organized groups, such as the MPAA and RIAA, routinely use vulnerabilities, back doors, rootkits, identifying attributes, and other information in our technology to track, monitor, retaliate, and incriminate you.
Examples of slave technology include all of Google’s products. Google’s search engine tracks individuals via unique identifying IDs in cookies and singed-on sessions and saves all searches associated with those IDs. Even if you are not signed into Google’s other products like GMail, your online searches conducted on Google search are stored and associated with a unique identifier associated with your computer. You can try to delete your browser’s cookies, but if they wanted to they could use your IP address to track you.
In layman’s terms, the IP address of your computer is much like your home address. It uniquely identifies your computer in the internet. Your ISP, such as Comcast or AT&T, provided you with an IP address automatically when you connect to the internet. Every time you visit a website, your IP address is typically logged along with the pages you viewed. The IP address is the typical way to identify individuals based on blog comments, Facebook accounts, or emails messages that most users think are anonymous. Simply put there is no such time as being anonymous in the internet. You are being watched. Some groups, most notably the government, want to introduce a Internet ID or true identity for your online usage. If such a ID program would come to passed, you can quickly imagine the associated fees, taxes, renewal process, and the fact that your access could be revoked for some bureaucratic reason.
The government is not the only one tracking you, in fact advertisers have the most to gain from your online usage. Have you ever noticed how some online ads seem to know your location? I’ve noticed this more from Groupon ads where they post ads on random deals in my home town. How does Groupon know my hometown if I am not a member? I’ve never even been to their site so how do they know my location. Groupon and other advertisers use techniques involving your IP address and cookies to try to track what sites you’ve visited, what search terms you were recently looking for, and other identifying information.
In addition to an IP address, if you are using an iPhone you can also be transmitting the phone’s UDID. Th iPhone UDID is a unique identifier that app developers have access that uniquely identifies one iPhone from the millions of others.
You might not have suspected this, but even your printer is designed to turn you in. It is widely known that some models of printers print hard to see patterns of yellow dots in documents. These patterns can then be used to to match printed documented to a specific printer.
There is a lot more than just technology, but information you provide or is collected from or about you by mobile and personal devices and website operators is used. For example, in California police officers don’t need a search warrant to go through the contents of your cell phone or other devices that were confiscated at the time of your arrest. So if they find incriminating information about you, even about a case different from the one you were originally detained or arrested for, this can be used against you. Another example is how Facebook gives access to third-party developers and advertisers of personal information, such as email and phone numbers of it’s users. So now, Facebook advertisers can target you with their ads inside and outside of Facebook, in your email inbox, etc.
Most people are familiar with Keep Calm and Carry On WWII era poster produced by the British government to boost the morale of it’s citizens. In a recent trip to England I unearth a secret archive in the British Museum of alternative slogans that the British Ministry of Information was considering for that propaganda poster.
- Keep calm and keep it real.
- Keep calm and hang loose.
- Keep calm and show me the money.
- Keep calm and just do it.
- Keep calm and shake what ya momma gave ya.
- Keep calm and soylent green are people.
- Keep calm and put your hands in the air.
- Keep calm and raise the roof.
- Keep calm and pay the toll.
- Keep calm and spend, shop, and smile.
- Keep calm and don’t worry, be happy.
- Keep calm and refrigerators.
- Keep calm and bite my shiny metal ass!
- Keep calm and hit someone in the mouth.
- Keep calm and is that your final answer.
- Keep calm and change your profile icon.
- Keep calm and ROTFL.
There are some funny people on Twitter. Whenever I find a funny, witty, or thought provoking I usually retweet it and favorite it. Here is a small collection of recent tweets that stoop out to me.
- @markos: Obama said the country was founded on compromise? What was that, the Revolutionary Compromise?
- @5tevenw: The best gift you can give is a hug: 1 size fits all and nobody ever minds if you return it!!
- @af: Best iPhone signature I’ve ever seen: “this msg is shrt bcuz it was sent frm my stupid iphone 4g which I hate but feel the need 2 have.”
- @DamnItsTrue: Menstruation, menopause, mental breakdowns -> most women’s problems begin with men.
- @bazecraze: Mom asked me today how to sign up for Twitter. So I told her it was $12.99 a month. Crisis averted.
- @danmartell: “Money grows on the tree of persistence” Japanese Proverb
- @swedal: Do people who spend $2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water know that spelling it backwards is Naive?
- @Ictericia: La ciudad es una composición de ventanas.
- @youloveB: Love my women with high heels & high standards
- @renogood: Demi’s in rehab, Miley’s smoking salvia, Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens have split. Disney has more drama than Jersey Shore.
- @techknow: I am an idea artist, making you think is my master piece.
- @dianadiggity: Take a shower, your attitude stinks.
- @OmgAnnalie: As soon as I stop wanting something, I get it. What’s the point of that?
- @PF_TELLUGLYLIES: only time will tell how long i can wait
- @melizeche: If Assange was in China doing the same thing, the West would have called him a dissident and given him a Nobel prize #freeassange
- @512: I wish I could Ctrl+Alt+Delete out of everything.
- @Askmeifigaf: Whats the difference between gorgeous, beautiful and sexy?
- @davepell: Groupon seems to be the one company in their universe NOT willing to take a discount.
- @bobmcwhirter: I’m now corporately ethical and compliant. I have the certificates to prove it. I’d show them to you, but they’re trade secrets.
- @MissElleCee: Just received a 6 page email from my sister with our NYE itinerary. Hopefully I will be drunk for pages 2-6 #nutjob
- @BrettGreene: Best. Relationship Status. Ever. Just read: “I’m in a relationship w/ Facebook …and it’s complicated.”
- @shwood: The most disquieting aspect of the Kinect occurs at 30 seconds after booting, when it looks up and down to size you up. #HAL9000
- @lowhanyew: More contentment; less resentment.
- @trinitysaij: Nothing says Xmas more than a star wars marathon on spike tv
- @shauninman: Video Skyping with in-laws is a comedy of computer errors.
- @jacksonh: Damn, was hoping santa would do the dishes.
- @RaiselM: Sweden celebrates Christmas on the 24th. They need the extra day to assemble their gifts from IKEA.
- @jdickerson: State of Union address will be after visit by Chinese President Hu Jintao. Makes sense: give annual report after meeting with top investor.
- @wilshipley: Dear HP: Printing to one of your stupid printers shouldn’t involve you installing new fucking kernel drivers.
- @noreaga: Most people forget that they are forgetful
Here I am reblogging some retweets for the past month that broken down by subject matter. Some of these tweets also cover events that occurred in September 2010. If you like to follow along, befriend xwoop and lolprez and I’ll be sure to follow back.
- Fees are the new taxes.
- No new wars. No new taxes.
- Laws are made to make everyone out to be criminals.
- Just how the US government has a Department of the Interior it should have a Department of the Pursuit of Happiness.
- Stupidity is not illegal, in fact it’s usually written right into the law.
- We are a nation of laws and loopholes. We are a nation of citizens and cheats.
- The US is a one party system, Republicans and Democrat are two side of the same coin, two pockets in the same special interest.
- The Situation for Senate.
- Tax subsidy is an oxymoron.
- Life, liberty and the pursuit of capital!
- Capitalism teaches people that a persons value in society is based on his or her financial net worth.
- Investment bankers are high with your own supply.
- Is time a wave or a particle?
- Ice cream or cake?
- Do two majors (major major) add up to one problem?
- Which is best fish sticks or meatballs?
- Is there a Jehovah Witness do not call list?
- Do you feel better when you save or splurge?
- Why do you need drugs to kick the habit of taking drugs?
- Why am I carrying all these cards, credit cards, reward cards, gift cards, hotel key cards?
- What’s the Finnish word for finish?
- Are you working or working it?
- Is TV reality celebrity a new career choice?
- Is there anything higher than cloud 9?
- Can you have OCD but be to lazy to be compulsive?
- What cartoon character you relate with the most?
- Happy Friday the 13th! Does Hallmark have a card for the occasion?
- The Great Traffic Jam of China: China does everything in epic proportions, from walls to traffic congestion?
- If you could take one pill for either happiness, beauty, or intelligence which pill would you take?
- If everything is said to taste like chicken, why don’t McChicken nuggets taste like chicken?
- There is a thin line between love and hate, and between alimony and all-da-money.
- If I was to write a book I think it would be called Love in the Time of Porn.
- I thought I’ve seen it all, backseat driver, arm chair quarterback, and now behind the spotlight reality celebrity.
- Simplified Chinese Characters is an oxymoron.
- New national security threat: extremist bed bugs!
- Does <3 = less than three?
- In a social drinker, I drink while on social networking sites.
- I’m too lazy to be obsessive!
- All words are made up words!
- Secret of Life: Don’t Give Up
- You are not your network.
- If you can’t make it anywhere you can’t make it nowhere.
- WILL DANCE FOR BEATS!
- Things that happen to us are not like quick sand. Don’t get stuck in something that happened a long time back.
- The best book you can give to any one is a blank sketch book.
- At HomeTown Buffet with my home town homies.
- If only dreams can go viral.
- Feelings have meaning.
- Nerdy is the new sexy.
- All the advice you ever need: Live well, love much, laugh often, drink plenty of water, go regularly, hate the game not the player, …
- Some women, instead of breast implants, should get a brain transplant.
- Don’t waste too much time explaining your life to people that are not part of it.
- What’s the grosses item on the McD’s menu? The mushroom angus wrap was pretty bad.
- I never understood why the show Doctor Who was named that, since the Doctor is a time traveler wouldn’t s better name be Doctor When?
Million Dollar Ideas
- Million dollar idea of the day: Motion detector audible buzzer device that acts as a scare crow/pigeon but is not heard by people.
- Million dollar idea of the day: they have queen and king size beds, standardize on a new empress mattress size.
- Million dollar idea of the day: Install translucent palm tree shaped solar panels at parking lots. It provides shade and generates energy.
- Million dollar idea of the day: flavored drink that once frozen in the refrigerator turns into a smoothie/slurpee, no blender required.
- Million dollar idea of the day: Wasabi Toothpaste
- Million dollar idea of the day: Bling band-aid
- It doesn’t really matter of the universe is expanding or shrinking, it matters if your mind is.
In Da Future
- In the future, a camera will be considered a weapon.
- In the future all forms marriages will be abolish.
- In the future, weed will come with the terms of service and user agreement.
- In the future, there will be behavior detection officers amongst us monitoring your every move.
- In the future, the constitution will be redacted.
- In the future, telling someone the time will be considered an insult.
- In the future, Facebook and Google will have a thought crime division which will report you to the authorities for pre-crime activities.
- In the future, a new car will come with power windows, dashboard cam, 4G/wifi, twitter account, facebook connect, app store, and a keg.
- It is said that a man’s home is his castle, in the future a man’s home will be his prison.
- In the future, politics will be known as the p-word.
- In the future there will be apps for your TV, your car, your clothes, your passport, and your brain.
- The future called, said it would call again later.
- I make up the future as I go.
All rights, including freedom of speech, have limitations and building a mosque near Ground Zero is the architectural equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded building. All Americans have the right to practice their faith in the accordance with his or her believes but they do not the the right to impose said beliefs upon any other person. There have been numerous cases where an establish religious organization has tried to put a symbol of their faith in clear public view. In many situations, the religious symbols have been forcibly removed under court order. Issues not unlike this have already gone to the supreme court.
In 2009, the US Supreme Court heard a case about a cross put up to honor fallen veterans. In the middle of a desert, this cross stood to pay homage to our war dead, and someone was offended enough to take the issue to the Supreme Court.
Cases like this have come up in court before, even though there is a separation between church and state, it doesn’t mean that one can impose their believes on others and place religious symbols in public view. Freedom of Speech also does not guarantee you unlimited and unfiltered speech. The classic example of the limits of Freedom of Speech is that one can’t yell fire in a crowded building. Building a a mosque in the ashes of Ground Zero is the architectural equivalent of yelling, “In yo face, bitches.” Islam is not unique to building religious structures over the those of other peoples. There is little coincidence that the Dome of the Rock is built over looking the ruins of the Jewish sacred places. This is not unique to Islam, conquistadores in Mexico built much of their colonial cathedrals using the same building block used to house mesoamerican gods.
The wounds of September 11 will take a long time to heal and all that went though it should pray together not build apart. We should build bridges not walls, and if you think you are building a bridge make sure you block the view of the locals!
Lest we forget, peace be to all the peoples of the book, even those that got the abridge edition!
The meaning of symbols change, sometimes from a religious meaning to one synonymous with hatred, such as the swastika. In recent history, the swastika was used as a symbol for Hitler’s Third Reich, under whose emblem an approximate six million Jews, Poles, Gypsies, and other were exterminated. Originally the swastika was not a symbol of hate or murder, it was a religious symbol used by different peoples at different times going back to early civilizations. It is still used today in Hindu homes as a religious symbol, not much unlike the Christian cross or the Jewish star of David. The swastika, again is going through a metamorphosis transformation, especially as the Anti-Defamation League has downgraded the swastika as a Jewish hate symbol. The swastika is still considered a symbol of hate, but not one that specifically targets Jews, it is has broaden it’s horizon to other minorities so to speak.
But the swastika is not the only Nazi symbol that is going through a similar change in meaning, Hitler himself is getting a PR make over. During World Ware II, Hitler was portrayed in American propaganda posters as an tyrannical ape, evil incarnate, or a diabolical villain. In 2005 Prince Harry of Wales has been photograph wearing a Halloween costume of a Nazi soldier. Socialite Paris Hilton was seen doing what seemed like a Nazi salute at a club in 2010. By no means would I ever consider Prince Harry or Paris Hilton as Nazi sympathizers so people are left with the question, why did they behave as such?
There is a growing number of viral internet memes that juxtapose Hitler and something considered cute, like kittens. There is a website devoted to Cats that Look Like Hitler. The website has all sorts of pictures with whose hair color make it resemble the Fuhrer. Another internet meme is that of a little kid dressed up as Hitler himself holding a near empty glass of orange juice with the LOL caption that reads I HAVE ELIMINATED ALL THE JUICE. Another popular Hitler viral meme is to take the clip from the movie The Downfall where Hitler throws a tantrum and dub it in English about some other current event such as the BP oil spill.
Is Hitler funny? I don’t think Hitler would have doing well in The Last Comic Standing but many are remixing a dark sense of humor with elements of the Third Reich. The swastika, the Nazi symbol, and even Hitler himself are being transformed via viral internet memes to a degree that even the Anti-Defamation League might one day even downgrade Hitler himself as a Jewish hate symbol.