There are laws against hate speech, there are laws against hate, but can a piece of legislature be considered hateful. I think Arizona Senate Bill 1070 is a hate law, not a law against hate but a law that promotes racial profiling, racism, and discrimination. I consider Arizona Senate Bill 1070 as xenophobic hate speech.
Here are recent tweets addressed to Arizona Governor Jan Brewer in response of Senate Bill 1070.
- @GovBrewer SB 1070 is a law against humanity.
- @GovBrewer how would you have greeted the Mayflower immigrants, a group of disease ridden English Separatists? With State Troopers?
- @GovBrewer Jews, illegal immigrants, they all make good fodder for escape goats.
- @GovBrewer Think of signing these laws next: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Laws
- @GovBrewer SB 1070 is not a catchy name, how about Neo Nuremberg Laws or Nurembrewer Laws?
- @GovBrewer after signing SB 1070, you enact a law similar to the 1933 German Law for the Restoration of the Professional Civil Service.
- @GovBrewer after signing SB 1070, I think next you enact a law to force Freed Negroes to register to stop black on black crime.
- @GovBrewer after signing SB 1070 which gives authorities right to check citizenship, why not form your own country altogether.