Here I am reblogging some retweets for the past month that broken down by subject matter. Some of these tweets also cover events that occurred in April 2009. If you like to follow along, befriend me and I’ll be sure to follow back.
- We used to have wild salmon, then farmed, and now imitation. I already imagine a time when we will have imitation chicken of the sea.
- I’ve had some bad neighbors that I am a firm believer that good electric fences and a moat make better neighbors.
- We live in a box, move stuff from box to box in little boxes and occasionally think outside the box until they put us in a box.
- You can’t copyright facts™
- I just heard that Palo Alto is also known ans Shallow Alto.
- The Cool Principle: if you say you are cool you are not cool.
- First get it going, then get it popping, and finally you got something.
- Best Work Quoted of the Day: He needs help spacing things out!
- Best Book Title Ever: The best way to rob a bank is to own one!
- Saying ‘y’all’ after each sentence is not enough for a Southern accent.
- I break for breakfast.
- As far as I am concerned every Friday is a good Friday!
- There is no Agent Smith, Neo, or Architect but there is a Matrix that is institutionalized and legitimized as capitalist corprate greed.
- The only quote I like to quote is ‘be yourself’, you could quote me on that.
- A coworker brought in leftovers from all the fast food places he went over the weekend, it was like a leftover buffet.
- Some people can’t walk and chew gum at the same time. I swagger and spit in tongues at the same time!
- My coworker wants to write a book called The Joy of Cooking the Books.
- Worst tax advice ever: "For every blank line in the form put some number."
- It is often said that nothing is for certain except death and taxes. Personally I think there is a strong correlation between the two.
- Can gut feelings be analyzed? Can instincts be qualified? Can intuition be computed? Can the fire in your gut be engineered?
- Can you overdose on vitamins?
- Are you in the content, copyright, or audience business?
- Do you wear your heart on your sleeve or do you wear your attitude on your sleeve?
- Is it embarrassing if you are a writer and can’t write a engaging resume?
- Do 2 half & half make one full & full?
- What would happen if you mix wasabi and habanero peppers?
- The worst mistake anyone can make is being too afraid to make one. – Anon
- I have seen the truth and it doesn’t make sense – Anon
- Music is what feelings sound like. – Anon
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? – Anon
- Twitter is a tool and we are a tool for Twitter. – @veronica
- Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity. They seem to be more afraid of life than death. – James F. Bymes
- Four Types of Statistics: Those from statisticians, those from politician, those from pundits, and those from advertisers.
- Four Types of Managers: Some appreciate end results, others time/effort, a few reward problem solving, and those that value consultants.
- Four types of Folks: Those that stop to smell the flowers, those that miss them outright, those that cut them, and those that pay for them.
- Four Types of Gifts: Those you want, those you may need, those you can’t use, and those that will cost you.
- Twitter is like the Webish version of the Walkie-Talkie.
- We use to say, ‘stop and smell the flowers.’ We should update to more accurately reflect our commute to ‘stop and text, reply, and retweet’
- I just noticed that I lost a few followers, it must be because of the recession!
- Twitter fail whale is over weight and over capacity!
- I know some folks that tweet as if it is their part time job, while they are on the job.
- First wave of twitter users where techies, then celebs, and now with Oprah jumping on the tweetwagon a wave of soccer moms
- Is followfriday like the equivalent to poking your friend’s facebook out?
- When will the word retweet enter Merriam-Webster dictionary?
- Is asking folks to retweet your tweets the equivalent to social media panhandling? (please RT, pretty please)
- Just as athletes make more money than teachers, former TV celebrities have tons more followers than people that helped eradicate smallpox!
- Everybody ends up retweetering the same tweets, it soon sounds like an echo-chamber full of dodo birds.
- Is Twitter the new Friendster? Didn’t Friendster have a huge growth and then scalability issues? I wonder what happen to them..