The March issue of Fast Company has an impressive list of the world’s most innovative companies. Topping the list include Team Obama, Google, Hulu, Apple, and Cisco Systems. Change came to the White House but only after Team Obama reach into every social network, YouTube, MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Google has had a strong showing with their new products, Android, Chrome, and Book Search.
The March issue of Fortune had a similar list of the world’s most admired companies. The Fortune list includes Apple, Berkshire Hathaway, Toyota Motor, Google, Johnson & Johnson, and many more.
Just for completeness, here are my top companies for 2009: Twitter, Apple, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Facebook.
Here I am reblogging some retweets covering the inauguration of President Barack Obama. If you like to follow along, befriend me and I’ll be sure to follow back.
- A dream deferred will soon be a dream redeemed.
- Anybody getting tomorrow off because of the inauguration? For some people, this is turning out to be a four day weekend.
- Watching the inauguration of Barack Obama.
- Obama became the president four minutes ago, has yet to take the oath.
- "I, Barrack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear…"
- "On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear…" – Obama
- "America is a friend of each nation" – Obama
- "We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus, and non believers" – Obama
- "The World has changed, and we must change with it" – Obama
- Praise song for the day this horrible inauguration poem ends.
- Explaining that Bush did not get ‘kicked out’ of the White House but that his lease simply expired.
- Obama cruzin the parade route on his new caddy.
- There seem to be half as much security officers as civilians, police two feet apart, two set of barricades, two SUVs full of SS agents.
- Secret Service don’t do a good job at keeping secret, those along the parade route will have more pictures of SS agents than Obama.
- Obama is in the house!! I am thinking of a new sitcom ‘Fresh Politician of Capitol Hill.’
- Security along the parade is colder than the weather, sparse crowds reported.
- I, for one, welcome our new democrat overlords.
- Prez Obama making short appearances at gala events. Mrs Obama wearing Jason Wu. Prez Obama dances like a white guy.
- Prez Obama gave historic inauguration speech, Wall Street responded by losing 332 points, going below 8000.
During these hard economic times there is talk of stressing testing banks. This is also the right time to stress test your business. Put your investors to the test, put your management team to the test, put your staff to the test, put your landlord to the test, put your vendors to the test, put your clients to the test, but most importantly put yourself to the test.