It seems that the global economic downturn has even made paupers out of billionaires. Here is a top list, compiled by Forbes, of billionaire who lost billions of dollars from their net worth over the last year.
- Anil Ambani (was worth: $42 billion/current worth: $12 billion)
- Oleg Deripaska ($28 billion/$10 billion)
- Bjorgflur Gudmundsson ($1.1 billion/$0)
- Luis Portillo ($1.2 billion/$15 million)
- David Ross ($1.4 billion/$150 million)
- Tulsi Tanti ($3 billion/$500 million)
- Wong Kwong Yu ($3.5 billion/$2.5 billion)
- Larry Yung ($3 billion/$750 million)
- Konstantin Zhevago ($3.4 billion/$350 million)
You can read the full story on Billionaire Blowups of 2008.