In his new book Brain Rules, Dr. John Medina describes 12 mental principles that will help in one’s life. Dr. Medina is a molecular biologist and basis the 12 principles he describes in his book on peer review research. His 12 principles can be stated as follows.
- Exercise boosts brain power.
- The human brain evolved, too.
- Every brain is wired differently.
- We don’t pay attention to boring things.
- Repeat to remember.
- Remember to repeat.
- Sleep well, think well.
- Stressed brains don’t learn the same way.
- Stimulate more of the senses.
- Vision trumps all other senses.
- Male and female brains are different.
- We are power and natural explorers.
Dr. Medina has made several interviews where he talks in detail about the 12 brain rules he describes in his book. You can find an audio interview of Dr. Medina on the Ruby on Rails podcast. There is also a presentation from Authors at Google.
[tags]brain, rules, medina, mind, evolution, cognitive, creativity[/tags]